We at Chow Tai Fook Jewellery Group Limited ("Chow Tai Fook") and our parent, subsidiary and/or affiliated companies within the Chow Tai Fook Jewellery group of companies (together the "Affiliates") value your personal data and privacy very highly. We know how important it is to protect your personal data. We pledge to comply with the requirements of all applicable data protection laws and regulations in relation to personal data protection.
The terms of this Privacy Statement may be updated, revised, varied and amended from time to time as we deem necessary and the most current version will be the one available on our website www.chowtaifook.com ("Corporate Website"). We will obtain your consent for changes to the terms of this Privacy Statement if such consent is required by applicable law. Any reference in these terms to "we", "us" and "our" is a reference to Chow Tai Fook and our Affiliates. Please read this Privacy Statement carefully to understand how we will handle your personal data.
Unless your express consent is required by applicable law, by providing us with your personal data (including by registering for membership of any of our customer or sales and marketing programmes owned, managed and/or controlled by us, registering to attend any of our events, participating in our interactive services or in any way communicating with us), you are accepting the terms of this Privacy Statement and consenting to our collection, retention, disclosure and use of your personal data, including transfer of your personal data overseas, as specified in this Privacy Statement. Further, we will only use and transfer your data for direct marketing purposes as specified in this Privacy Statement.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English and other local language versions of the Privacy Statement, the English version will prevail.
1. How do we collect personal data and what do we collect?
(i) Sources of personal data
The types of personal data that we collect will depend on the nature of your dealings with us. We may collect personal data from you by the following channels:
- when you register for membership of any of our customer or sales and marketing programmes owned, managed and/or controlled by us;
- when you register to use, or enter information into, any of our interactive services (for example, our blogs and forums);
- when you register to attend any of our events;
- when you purchase goods and services from us or use services or products offered by us;
- when you correspond with us; and
- when you use the Corporate Website, other websites operated by our Affiliates ("Affiliates Website" and, together with the Corporate Website, the "Website") or our official page on social media sites.
(ii) Types of personal data we collect
We may collect from you the following information which may contain personal data as defined under applicable data protection laws and regulations:
- account registration information, including your name, gender, date and month of birth, age group, title, contact numbers (telephone, fax, mobile), postal address and email address;
- billing information, transaction and credit card information (if you make a purchase from us);
- shipping information (if you make a purchase from us);
- records of correspondence between you and us; and
- optional information about your marital status, occupation, personal monthly income, personal or professional interests, demographics, experiences with our products and services and contact preferences in order to provide you with further information about our products and services.
All information we collect about you may be combined with other information we hold about you.
Please take note that most of the goods and services, information, and sales and marketing materials provided on our Website or by other means are not directed towards minors as defined by applicable laws in your jurisdiction. If you are a minor under applicable laws in your jurisdiction, you must obtain the consent of your parent or guardian before providing us with any of your personal data.
2. How do we use personal data?
We collect, retain and use personal information about you for the following purposes:
- to offer you with our products and services, including sending you marketing and promotional materials, event information and e-shopping items relating to our products and services;
- to conduct joint promotion events including notifying you of sales and marketing offers and sending you sales and marketing materials relating to the promotional offers or events of our affiliated, associated, related, subsidiary companies and/or companies under the common control of our ultimate holding company ("Group Companies") and independent commercial entities (together with Group Companies, the "Business Partners"), which may be located outside your jurisdiction, in relation to the following products, services and/or businesses:
- beauty salons;
- electronic goods;
- food & wine;
- entertainment, including cinemas, theme parks and karaokes;
- sportswear and apparel;
- personal care;
- real estate;
- fitness centres;
- shopping malls;
- ferry services; and
- to process your application for membership under any of our programmes and maintaining and managing your membership;
- to provide you with rewards, vouchers or services under any of our programmes;
- to handle and follow up with customer service calls, enquiries and complaints;
- to send you administrative notices and communications relevant to your use of our Website and to respond to your enquiry or request ;
- to perform research or statistical analysis in order to improve our goods and services and for sales and marketing purposes;
- to verify your identity and your eligibility to participate in our programmes;
- to obtain statistics about users of our Website to analyse site usage in order to help its further development;
- to provide you with a log-in ID for our Website; and
- to make such disclosures as required by law.
You are not obliged to provide the personal data as may be required by us. However, we may not be able to provide you with our products and services or our Business Partners' information, sales and marketing materials if you do not provide us with the requested data.
3. Your receipt of marketing materials
As noted above, we may, from time to time, send you sales and marketing materials and information regarding our or our Business Partners' products and services as stated in paragraphs 2(a) & (b) based on your name and contact details that you have provided to us. However, we will not use your personal data unless we have received your consent. Suitable measures are implemented to make available to you the option to "opt-out" or "opt-in" as required by applicable law of receiving such sales and marketing materials at the time you provide us with your personal data.
Please note that you can object to such use of your personal data at any time. If you do not want us to retain your personal data for this purpose, you should do so by choosing the "opt-out" option in the relevant membership subscription or registration form, or by choosing to unsubscribe from any marketing email we have sent to you, or by calling our Hotline at (+852) 2138 3399, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying that you wish to "opt-out".
4. Will your personal data be given to other persons?
We do not sell, rent or trade your personal data to or with third parties including our Business Partners. However, your personal data may be disclosed or transferred by us to the third parties described below:
- third party suppliers of goods and services (whether in your jurisdiction or abroad) engaged by us to assist with providing you our services (including marketing analysis and research, data entry, management of our customer database, distribution of our sales and marketing materials, products rewards, vouchers and customer service) ("Third Party Service Providers"). Our Third Party Service Providers are under a duty of confidentiality and contractually bound to use your personal data in connection with the purposes specified at paragraph 2 above, and not for their own purposes (including direct marketing); and
- competent court of law, law enforcement agencies and/or regulatory bodies for compliance with applicable laws and regulations and protection of our legal rights.
5. Retention of your personal data
We will not keep personal data longer than is legally permitted pursuant to applicable data protection laws and regulations. We will purge unnecessary personal data from our system in accordance with our internal procedures.
Protection of your personal data collected is a priority for us. We will always strive to ensure that your personal data will be protected against unauthorised access. We are based in Hong Kong. Your personal data may be accessed by us or transferred by us to and accessed by the third parties listed in paragraph 4, in Hong Kong or elsewhere in the world. Such personal data are only accessible by us or the personnel of the third parties listed in paragraph 4 for the purposes listed in paragraph 2, who will be instructed to observe confidentiality duty and the terms of this Privacy Statement when accessing such personal data.
Although we will do our best to protect and secure your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted over the internet or any telecommunications networks.
(ii) Links to other websites
To provide you with more information, our Website may provide links to other websites. Your personal data may be collected on these other websites when you visit them or make use of their services. Where and when you decide to click on any advertisement or hyperlink on our Website which grants you access to another website, your personal data may be exposed in these other websites.
This Privacy Statement is only applicable to our Website and we are not responsible for the third party websites or for any personal data you submit to such other websites via our Website. Please ensure that you read the privacy policies of such other websites.
8. Data access and correction
You have the right to, at any time, request access to, make a copy of, and request us to make correction of, or demand the cessation of the continued collection, processing, and use, or to delete your personal data stored in our records. To exercise your rights, please email us at email@example.com or call us at (+852) 2138 3399.
In the event that you wish to exercise your right as set out above, we may request you to provide personal details in order to verify your identity. We will endeavour to respond to your request in accordance with requirements under applicable data protection laws and regulations, and we may charge you a reasonable fee for complying with your access request as permitted under applicable law.
If you have any queries about our Privacy Statement, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (+852) 2138 3399.